If you guys are having trouble with IRC and XDCC, this guide will help.
If you just want a simple irc client made for just XDCC and chatting, get Chatzilla, a Firefox plugin.
It’ll be in your tools tab in FireFox or just click on the orange Firefox in the top-left corner and it should be in the 2nd column.
This is how the start will vaguely look like. First thing to do is type (please remove quotes when doing this) “/nick Your_Nick” (come up with a nick).
Then type “/server irc.rizon.net”.
This will connect you to rizon.
Then type “/msg nickserv register makeapassword [email protected]”. (Make your password and use a valid e-mail address. You will be asked to confirm.
https://forum.rizon.net/showthread.php?18-How-to-Register-my-Nickname <– better explanation here.
The confirmation e-mail will ask you to input some code, so do that.
After doing that, type, “/join #Kaitou-Fansubs”. You will now have a registered nick and a place you can download and chat.
In order to download anime via XDCC, most channel support the @find feature.
Simply do @find Conan 687 and you will start getting notices from the bots.
You can see both Q-chan and Kaitou|Asuna send you notices, so now all you have to do is, “/msg Kaitou|Asuna XDCC SEND 95” as it says or 96 for the mp4. You can do it for any episode. It’s made easier since we make triggers for easy support with !dc687.
Enjoy your episode!
- Download mIRC. You can find a way to not pay for it.
- Install and run it.
- Fill in the details. Your Nickname is your displayed name. You don’t need to fill in your real Name or your real E-mail.
- Click OK.
- Type /server irc.rizon.net in the main menu, and you will have connected to Rizon.
- In the mIRC Favorites box, type #Kaitou-Fansubs and hit Join.
- https://forum.rizon.net/showthread.php?18-How-to-Register-my-Nickname <– Register your name using this link.
- Add #Kaitou-Fansubs to your favorites by clicking the Favorites tab.
In order to XDCC using mIRC, the same process is used as the chatzilla one, except you have to do this first.
Go to Tools -> Options. Under the DCC tab, click on ignore.
Change the method to Disabled and uncheck “Turn ignore back on”.
Then do @find Conan 687.
And follow instructions from the bot.
Alternatively, all of my bots are listed at NIBL, so you can search for files there.